Wresting can be confusing for the uninitiated. For professional wrestling fans, WWE may be the first thing that comes to mind. Amateur wrestling enthusiasts, on the other hand, talking about Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling may be the norm. To add to the confusion are the traditional or folk wrestling styles practiced in different countries around the world. From Turkey’s oil wrestling to Japan’s sumo, there are many interesting and exciting matches that await the curious and wrestling enthusiasts alike. Here are some of the top reasons to watch a Sumo wrestling match when in Japan.
Tradition permeates the Japanese style of wrestling. Watching a sumo match is a cultural experience. Much of the rituals observed in the ancient days are still being observed today. Certain rituals are performed prior to the match and details like the canopy hanging above the match area or sumo ring is deeply rooted to its religious origins.
Sumo enjoys its share of avid followers in Japan. And matches can be fun and exciting, especially when you see the usually reticent Japanese people cheering enthusiastically and reacting like many other sports fans around the world – with a show of intense reactions and emotions.
There is no better place to see and experience a traditional sport than in its home. Sumo is deeply-rooted in Japan. It is rare to see the real thing outside the country. And there are many other experiences attached to it that you will only come across in Japan. The opportunity to visit some of the sumo stables in the country to see the wrestlers who live and train there is one of the things that make the Japan sumo experience unique.
Fun way to spend time with the locals
Watching an unfamiliar sport for the first time is a fun experience. And doing it in the company of hundreds of local spectators makes it even more worthwhile. It is a great way to learn something about the sport and perhaps even connect with other spectators for the sheer pleasure of seeing an exciting match unfold.
Making that leap from a sedentary to a fairly active lifestyle may seem daunting, especially when proper nutrition comes in. Taking up a new hobby like wrestling requires nourishment that supports the physical demands of the sport. Getting fit enough to wrestle for fun does not have to mean eating like the top amateur or professional wrestling athletes. But building healthy eating habits would certainly help in the long run – in wrestling or other sports and in everyday life. Here are some of the many ways to eat healthy and delicious foods.
1. Cut back on fried foods. Some people pay more attention on taste than the method of cooking. And most times, pan fried or deep fried foods become part of everyday meals. There is something about fried foods that may be hard to resist. But too much of them is unhealthy. Cutting back on anything fried is a great way to improve your diet. Substitute your favorite fried meals with baked or grilled dishes.
2. Know your herbs and spices. One of the easy ways to eat healthy is through making use of fresh spices and herbs rather than powdered season ing loaded with additives. Fresh spices and herbs are obviously more natural and this gives them a big plus. They also have more powerful flavors as compared to powdered varieties that can be bought in stores.
3. Get the healthier options. Many of us love to treat ourselves to a serving of potato salad or macaroni and cheese but what we do not realize is we are causing doing damage to our body every time we do so. It helps much to replace potato salad or macaroni and cheese with yummy green salads that can be topped with cheeses or dressings to cut down on the calories.
4. Opt for complex carbohydrates. Another way of how to eat healthy is through replacing simple carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates. Cakes, white breads, and white rice lack the nutritional value we need. We can replace them with complex carbohydrates like legumes, whole grains, and sweet potatoes. You can scour through the pages of your recipe books to turn these healthy carbohydrates into an explosion of flavors.
5. Choose lean meat. Eat meat in moderation and choose the leaner cuts. Rather than grilling hotdogs and burgers on weekends, indulge in nice, lean and juicy steaks. You can top these with baked potatoes and you already have a healthy and at the same time, delicious meal.